Living things and their habitats , Plants , Seasonal changes
Spark a conversation with this time-lapse video showing a group of trees changing over one year. This activity is great for describing observations and applying ideas in unfamiliar contexts.
Run the activity
1. You’re going to watch a short video. The aim isn't to find right answers, it's to explore ideas and find out what they know.
- Do they know what might happen based on the image?
2. After you've watched the video, lead a discussion with your class:
- Which seasons can they see in the video?
- What changes do they notice during the film?
- What plants can they see?
- How do they change?
3. Ask the class to describe what they saw using only one word.
Take it further
This video shows you how to track a plant's response to light in the classroom. Set up a timelapse with your class to record 15 minutes of a plant's light response.
Sarah Fraser63 via Flickr